Please read through the terms and conditions on our website thoroughly before enrolling. When enrolling as a student of Life Yoga Goulburn you agree to the terms and conditions as laid out on the website lifeyogagoulburn.com.au.
While we endeavour to deliver all our classes on time and as advertised, classes are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Life Yoga will do it’s best to accommodate changes of class, refunds and credits where the studio is responsible.
Refunds cannot be issued for change of mind or lack of attendance.
Refunds may be considered if proven medical advice suggests a yoga practice is not a safe choice.
Term bookings cannot be transferred to a new term. They may be transferred to another client pending negotiation with Life Yoga Goulburn.
Teachers are subject to change without notice.
Please arrive at least ten minutes before class as late entry is discouraged and cannot be guaranteed.
Leaving class early without a medical reason is strongly discouraged.
Please check in at reception before each class.
Life Yoga is not responsible for the safekeeping of your belongings.
Life Yoga has the right to refuse entry at anytime.
Bookings are to be made via our website or in the studio.
To book into a class you must pay at the time of booking. Class payment must be made upon booking.
You agree that you have been examined by a qualified medical practitioner within the past six months and have been found by such practitioner to be in good physical health and physically able to perform all yoga exercises.
Classes at Life Yoga may be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
You will follow all instructions given to you by Life Yoga teachers and you acknowledge that any failure to do so will be at your own risk and may cause injury.
Life Yoga is in no way liable for any injury, loss of property or death resulting from attending our studio.
By booking into a class you automatically agree to the above terms & conditions.
Covid-19 Health & Practice Guidelines
- Covid-19 health guidelines indicate that both teachers and students are required to stay home if there are any symptoms of cough, cold or flu along with other symptoms listed on the NSW Health website. Please do so.
- You must bring your own mat to class.
- Shoes must be removed either outdoors or inside the door ON THE MAT. Our floors must be kept clean as they have contact with hands, feet and faces. Please respect the safety of your classmates.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Please maintain social distancing in the studio. Once your mat is down please stay there and be patient when it’s time to leave allowing one or two at a time to USE THE MAT or exit the studio to replace shoes.
- If your teacher becomes ill we will endeavour to find a cover. If one cannot be found and you are booked into a term position, you will be moved to access the complete Online Studio for 1 week. Casual attendees will be refunded.
- If the studio is forced to close due to the pandemic, your term booking will be moved to the Online Studio with the addition of select LIVE Zoom classes.
Child Protection Policy
Child Safety Officer : Mel Champion
Our policy guides staff, volunteers and students on how to behave with children in our organisation. The policy focuses on how we can promote childrens’ participation in our organisation and make it safer for them.
Life Yoga Goulburn supports the active participation of children in our yoga classes and workshops. We listen to their views, respect what they say and involve them when we make decisions, especially about matters that will directly affect them.
We promote respect, fairness and consideration for all staff, volunteers and students. All staff, volunteers and students have a more senior officer assigned to support and supervise their work. All new staff, volunteers and students will receive a copy of the Life Yoga Goulburn Child Protection Policy.
All teachers must provide their certificate of insurance and Working With Children Check.
Children can raise complaints with their teacher, and teachers will report all complaints to the Child Safety Contact person.
Our policy will be placed on the website for all students and the parents and guardians of children to view. Children and parents joining our program/s will receive a copy of the Policy, Code of Conduct and Dealing with Complaints process via email.
This Policy is reviewed annually.
Class Attendance Policy
Your term booking is valid for one term only.
- Make up classes can only be made during the same term you are booked into and cannot be carried over to a new term.
Life Yoga does not offer refunds, transfers, suspensions or extensions on your term booking for change of mind. In the case of injury, illness, change of address or any other reason please apply in writing to arrange a resolution.
The term passes are discounted for the purpose or encouraging regular attendance and you pay less for this privilege.
The Life Yoga Goulburn Complaints Handling Policy ensures that users, suppliers or third parties have the right to the principles of fairness, accessibility, transparency, responsiveness, accountability and constructiveness.
Life Yoga welcomes feedback, both positive and negative, from users or suppliers. This allows us to correct any problems with our service, to learn how to improve our service quality and to maintain positive relationships with our clients, students and teachers.
The policy sets out the procedures for dealing with complaints concerning Life Yoga classes, courses, events and administration of our activities.
Life Yoga is committed to a fair and just system for responding to complaints and grievances. This policy ensures complaints are dealt with sensitively, confidentially, effectively and promptly.
Definition of Complaint
Life Yoga defines a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction with our service by a student, client, teacher or other user.
The following principles underpin this policy:
– That users have the right to know what they can expect from Life Yoga’s services.
– That Life Yoga’s complaint-handling processes will be consistent with current complaint-handling standards.
– Every effort will be made to deal effectively and promptly with complaints, initially at a personal and informal level, involving arbitration between the complainant/client and the person complained about. If this does not produce a satisfactory outcome for the complainant/client there are mechanisms for formal complaint involving more extensive investigation.
Making a complaint
(1) Informal Complaint
Clients, students, teachers and other users of Life Yoga are, in the first instance, invited to raise their concern / complaint informally with the individual concerned, another teacher or the organiser who has responsibility for the subject in question.
Informal complaints may take the form of:
– An expression of dissatisfaction within a broader discussion
– An issue being raised verbally or by email, perhaps without the use of the word ‘complaint’
In such circumstances, Life Yoga will endeavour to understand the nature of the issue being raised and establish whether or not this can be resolved easily. If the issue cannot easily be resolved by the individual in receipt of the communication, they are encouraged to contact another appropriate Life Yoga representative.
If the matter is not satisfactorily resolved, the complainant is invited to make a formal complaint.
(2) Formal Complaint
If the issue has not been resolved satisfactorily through informal channels, the complainant is invited to make a formal complaint in writing, by letter or email. Depending on the nature of the complaint, it should be directed to the appropriate recipient via:
– The Owner of Life Yoga, Mel Champion; or
– The supplier or third party
Response to Formal Complaints
Formal complaints will be acknowledged within seven working days.
Life Yoga aims to respond to any complaint within 28 working days, but this will depend on the nature of the investigation required. Should the investigation extend beyond this time period, the complainant will receive written notice of this.
Monitoring and Review
This policy and its procedures will be reviewed every two years.
Procedure for Handling Complaints
A) Investigation of complaints
The complaint should initially be investigated by the Owner of Life Yoga and/or the supplier or third party, depending on its nature. This will include a request for information from the person about whom the complaint was made and make a recommendation as to further investigations, depending on the seriousness of the matter.
B) Formal complaints against Life Yoga teachers
1. A meeting will be convened to investigate the complaint in whatever way they consider appropriate, including interviewing the complainant, and decide on the action to be taken. Action to be taken may include the Owner of Life Yoga to observe the teacher in a class situation.
2. A report with recommendations will be made.
3. In the case of a complaint being upheld, the teacher concerned will be notified by writing. Advice will be provided, leading to agreement on the nature of the improvements to be made and how these are to be demonstrated.
4. If this strategy fails to produce the desired change/improvement, the Owner of Life Yoga will recommend, that the teacher be directed to undertake further relevant training.
5. A review will determine whether the issues identified have been resolved.
6. Should this work not lead to a satisfactory outcome, the supplier or third party may propose that the teacher be removed from the schedule.
7. Whatever the final outcome, the Owner of Life Yoga will write to the complainant with a copy to the teacher involved, explaining what action has been taken.
8. Full written records will be kept of the entire procedure.
C) All other complaints
Complaints concerning any other aspect of Life Yoga business (e.g. administration) will be investigated in a way that is proportionate to their nature.
The Owner of Life Yoga will investigate the complaint and may include mandated training or mentoring, or a change in policy or procedure.
A report must be kept on file for the record of all complaints.
LIFE YOGA GOULBURN of 70 Fitzroy Street, Goulburn, NSW 2580, Australia, (ABN 60 681 787 916) (we, our, us or Life Yoga Goulburn) complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the applicable Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when handling personal information. We take the protection of your personal information seriously. Personal information includes any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established.
We collect personal information for the purposes of delivering our products and services and communicating with Customers regarding our services through the Life Yoga website located at www.lifeyogagoulburn.com (Website). We collect personal
from users – when they register an enquiry, book a class through the online booking form or purchase a Life Yoga class/event/retreat/workshop;
when we receive enquiries through the Website and when the Website is otherwise accessed or used.
The kind of personal information we may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a customer or supplier) and the nature of your interaction with us, and may include your full name, email address, company name, billing information and other personal information. If you do not provide us with all the information we request, we may not be able to deliver our services.
We will use any personal information collected to provide our services, operate the website, send you our newsletter, respond to feedback and complaints, communicate with purchasers and suppliers, develop new services, enforce our terms and conditions with you, and address potentially prohibited or illegal activities. If you are a supplier, we will use your personal information to email you to accept your offer to provide services, correspond with your personnel in relation to the provision of services and pay your invoices.
In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about our services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our products and services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence.
Disclosure and sharing:
Data security and quality:
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access and modification, and to make sure it is accurate, complete and up-to-date when we collect, use or disclose it. To assist us, please ensure you provide us with your correct details, and let us know if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading (and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information). We may take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify information when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed. We may retain and use de-identified information.
You can modify your browser to prevent cookie use – but if you do this, our service (and our Website) may not work properly. The information stored in the cookie is used to identify you. This enables us to operate an efficient service and to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website.
Access, correction and complaints:
You can request, and we will provide you with access to, any personal information we hold about you (subject to any applicable legal exceptions). Please also let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling your personal information so we can address them.
Transfer in certain circumstances:
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of us then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign personal information collected to one or more relevant third parties.
For further information on your privacy rights go to: www.privacy.gov.au.